Saturday, September 1, 2012

Returning to Ashland

Summer 2011 - Ashland, Oregon






I had only been to Ashland once before this summer - in 2007. So going back I wondered if it would still be as magical as I remembered it.

Ashland is home to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, one of my favorite Theatres in the United States. Unlike it's name would suggest, it is not actually a festival but a 9 out of 12 month Theatre that does many beautiful plays in three venues - Including the Elizabethan, which is outside (photo here).

I also think Ashland's small-western-town-in-the-summer feel works great with this slightly strange film.

First shot was the view from my residence for the summer, which was a great thing to wake up to in the morning. The retro ford, I passed on the way to work along with the pretty purple flowers.The English lions, along with many other crests, line the lampposts on the main streets, just in case anyone forgot Ashland was full of theatre folks. The final photo is of the historic Ashland Springs Hotel, though you can hardly see it under all the sun flare.

ps. It's the 1st of September!! I am probably on my way to Edinburgh as you read this post!

No comments: