Sunday, September 9, 2012

Free Love


Spring 2012 - Leiden





Ah Leiden. Since we've moved to The Hague this summer, we haven't been as much as usual. Leiden is a beautiful city - hands down. Actually it reminds me a lot of Edinburgh, in some ways.* I think for a photographer, Leiden is a perfect city. Lots of historical, picturesque buildings, while at the same time the city vibes off of the many students who call the town home. 

First shot is of the St. Pieterskerk, which can be seen in almost every post I've done about Leiden. We always walk by it on the way into town. Another regular on the blog are photos of Leiden's street poetry, but for some reason, I can't stop taking photos of it. Then there's the other, less determinant street art - the QR code for Free Love and the least happy green light I've ever seen. 

*I'm writing this on August 25th - yes, my posts are time delayed, but that's really the only way I can publish regularly, especially with my erratic schedule. In a week from today I will be flying to Edinburgh so one could certainly say I am excited.  
However,
when you read this, it will be September 9th, and I will have just moved into my housing in Edinburgh. Crazy, right?

 

No comments: